Software Applications Engineer
Key components of the role are to design, construct and test PLC and / or SCADA software and to produce associated documentation (such as Functional Design Specifications and Test Plans) that fully complies with Standards and contractual requirements. The successful candidate must have proven experience in PLC logic and programming with any of the following PLCs: Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Omron and HMI and / or SCADA programming and configuration for any of the following platforms: Wonderware, Rockwell and Siemens. The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive experience writing software for Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI’s).
- The ability to produce and interpret Functional Design Specifications and Test Plans / Schedules.
- Expert knowledge of at least one of the following PLC platforms: Allen Bradley, Siemens and Mitsubishi.
- The ability to test and validate software and system design against documented test plans and user requirements.
- Experience and knowledge of Project Management.
- The ability to produce and communicate detailed supporting documentation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems.
- A Degree or HNC (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Computing.
- Knowledge of SCADA systems and logic auto-generation (from templates) are both advantageous.
- Experience within the Automotive, Food and Beverage and / or Water and Waste industries will also be beneficial.
For further information please contact Frances Davis, HR Manager on (01603) 594201.